Production Update

I was hoping to have more specific information for you guys before creating this post, but we need to provide an update either way.  Here’s the update:

  • The bluetooth module was mis-shipped again (yep, not kidding).  So we managed to find a local supplier.  This time we confirmed it’s the right part by ordering it and installing and testing it first.  The expected delivery date for the full quantity we need is Feb 10th.
  • We are waiting on a response from the factory on when we fit into their schedule once those modules are delivered.  We have been planning on late January, so they’ll need to adjust their schedule to get us in in mid February instead.
  • Everything else is in place to fulfill all of the pre-orders.  Specifically, we have:
    • All parts except the bluetooth module
    • Factory calibration process for each device
    • Factory Assembly instructions
    • Other packaging (instructions, box, etc.)
    • Confirmed precision and range of key measurements on a a subset of 10 – 15 devices
    • Updated website and android app

As soon as we begin manufacturing, I’ll update the blog again with details, progress and pictures.

Thanks everyone for your patience and support.