We have some updated numbers on manufacturing. I’m providing these in an overabundance of sharing, but recognize (if you don’t already) that manufacturing numbers are never that tight. Things come up. Things break. Shit happens. So take this with a healthy dose of scepticism and a small dash of hope. That’s what I do.
- All circuit board and case designs are finalized (ie no more changes!).
- Our mold maker estimates 3 weeks for case molds, + 1 week for testing
- Our printed circuit board manufacturer estimates 5 weeks for completed, tested, populated circuit boards.
- Other parts with long lead times are down to 8 business days (~2 weeks), including light guides and 2 rubber molded parts.
- From final assembly, It will take us at least a week to test a small batch (~20) of these devices to confirm our calibration routines are working as expected, and determine if the variation is within out specifications.
- From that point, it will take another week or two to produce, pack, and ship the first 500 devices.
- Our software (desktop app, android app, and website) are working with the new device, so no limitations there.
What does this all mean? It means we are at a minimum 6 weeks to shipping devices. Argh…
It’s not all gloom and doom though. Next post I’m going to show our progress, how quickly you can take measurements, and how effective those measurements can be. It’s exciting stuff. Stay tuned.